Friday, January 16, 2009

My Vagina's Angry

Ugh. 

I was on the bus, and there was this guy being obnoxious, which isn't so peculiar on a San Francisco bus, but I digress. He was drinking from a paper-bagged can, and kept a cigarette tucked in the corner of his mouth, contemplating whether to light it. I decided to pretend to ignore him as I was heading to work and it is not constructive to go to the office in a bad mood.

Then he went a little too far.

He started talking about the Obama daughters. Malia, in particular. Poor Malia. So pretty and so young. This asshole talks about how she is at the perfect age..."to be fucked. That's what that girl needs- a good fucking."

... she's ten.

It was at this point the whole bus rallied together and told him to shut his mouth. Some of us went up to the bus driver, asking him to kick the guy off, which he did. The young man sitting next to him gave him a good talking to, and about half of us applauded his exit.

Who taught this guy that it is OK to talk about a ten year old girl like that? Or to talk about any female like that, no matter the age. I found myself thinking about this douche-bag who drinks cheap beer in the afternoon on the bus- a guy so desperate for power he'll take it from a 10 year old girl- and I just got angrier and angrier. 

Bleh. Ugh. Grrr. Gah. *Punch Pillow*

Days like this you realize how important V-Day is. Keep fighting the good fight!

Vagina Love,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you're writing this blog, Meg! You should get the other girls to post.

    ReplyDelete